Time to tell the truth

It's about time for me to catch you up on what's been happening for the past few years. First of all, I am no longer a student at Jönköping University. I did not feel that it would be possible for me to continue my education at an institution that so blatantly cares so little for certain students. I was shook and devastated by the lack of feedback or even belief in what I had achieved in a two year period by the faculty. My questioning of their assessment ultimately resulted in a cloud of suspicion over all of my academic work...and the only feedback I received was to "speak better swedish" all this just to prove that the administration was correct in their biased assessment of my work and abilities.

Following my teacher training and after fighting to meet with someone who could explain to me why I was being treated this way, I made the decision to take a year off from studies in order to figure out what my next move might be. However, by the beginning of the new school year I was offered a substitute teacher position at the school where I did my internship and the rest is history.

First I began working as a student assistent with a student who has ADHD and then I worked as a substitute in a few classes doing really simple tasks like showing Lil Aktuellt thereafter leading a discussion with the class about the topics covered. Then I started working with another student who needed support but only as needed while then working as a substitute in another class. What a phenomenal opportunity for me to gain experience as a teacher but also as an student assistent which after this year is where I feel I would like to continue to develop.

So the time has come for me to notify the university if I will be returning to school or not and with no doubt in my mind the answer will be NO!!



The morale of this story is that when you look within for guidance opportunities will fall into place and its okay to have boundaries and demand to be treated with respect. Thanks but no thanks...I will stay in the sunshine!

Stay woke!

KyanainSweden

Comments

Popular Posts