Going Back to School- På Distans

Hi Everyone!

I promised myself that after the new year I would sign up for Swedish writing classes in order to continue to develop my professional skills. I am very happy with my job and the start of my career here in Sweden but it dawned on me that working towards an English speaking market can also limit my opportunities in a Swedish sales organization. Of course, Stockholm offers an international work environment but what if we move? What if my husband finds an opportunity outside of Stockholm, the reality is that we have to be flexible in order to survive and perfecting my Swedish writing skills gives me that flexibility.

So, I will sign up for an online course and start with my classes. I might even write some blog posts in Swedish but I promise to have both languages so I don't lose my english speaking readers....that would be my Mom! But seriously I think this is the right decision and considering the amount of work I have it will be challenge but in a few years who knows what life will offer me. Considering that we don't have any plans on leaving Sweden, I have to assume that the opportunities will only be better if I can write på svenska!

Curious about the class? Check out Folkuniversitetet Swedish writing classes!


Hugs!

KyanainSweden

Comments

  1. That is a VERY smart move. I'm going to be KILLING Dutch, even while working in English. My job prospects and social life will be much better as my Nederlands taal improves. I hope that your class goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts