Happy Holidays!


In a few days I will return to the States to celebrate Christmas and New year with my family. I can't wait! The last time I was home was over a year ago which is not that bad really. I think the longest time that I have spent away from home was two years, that was painful.

I am looking forward to so many things but mostly its just listening to the wonderful sounds of my family, mostly women who are very close to laughter. There is so much life in my Grandmother's house and I will get a chance to soak it in and recharge for the coming year.

My daughter understands what I mean as well although its difficult for her to describe it. She just says that at Grandma's house everything is "buzzy" and then she twirls around.


There are so many things that I want to do but just the mundane things like going to the grocery store will be fun for me.

I miss the States constantly but never as much as I do, just a few days before I get to go back. You see, I understand that I live abroad now. I understand that I won't be able to visit with my Family as much as I would like. If I try to remain in two places at once I would very soon go crazy.

Sweden is a beautiful second home to me that has given me so much- its not a simple case of the US versus Sweden..its much more complex now.

I am happy to have both but I am really happy that I get to focus on the US just a bit more for a few weeks as least!

I hope you all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hugs

KyanainSweden

Comments

Popular Posts