Midsummer Update

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to check in and tell everyone that we had a great time on Öland for Midsummer this year. I took lots of photos but I don't have the time this evening to upload them. This picture was taken this morning at work. I am sitting at my desk and behind me you see the eating area and the stairs that lead up to the roof terrace. It was so warm today that during our "speed dating" session I had to move to the shade because I was slowly melting like a little fudge pop! The "speed dating" was actually a part of our training day that is designated to finding people that we have not met and asking them questions about work, life, inspiration, whatever. I think that its a great way to break the ice and really start to build the team from early on.

Highlights of my job so far? Well, to be perfectly honest this is DAY 2 of my two week training so this is the honeymoon period. The hard sales work has not started but I am really looking forward to it. After working on my pitch I realize that there are parts of the sales process that I need to refresh myself on but honestly, my nerves got the best of me. Luckily, I didn't walk away from the exercise totally deflated. I heard tons of great feedback from my boss and also from my co-worker. I welcome open and honest feedback especially when I know that I can take what is being said and just become a better person or employee or whatever from it. So, do I still like it? Oh yes! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the right company for me. I know that this is the right field for me to be working in.
This evening I am getting to know my computer. I have switched from PC to Mac and quite frankly it is a bit more difficult than I had imagined. I have to admit, there is a certain logic to the way a Mac works but anyway...This computer will become like another appendage and very soon I will not be able to live without it.

I promise that it won't take me very long to upload the photos from Midsummer. I used Instagram on some of them because I love the cool filter effects. The Instagram filters make me seem like a much better photographer than I am. Fake it till ya make it!

Let me know how you spent your Midsummer and where....we might have been at the same place and didn't even know it.

Hugs!

Kyana in Sweden

Comments

Popular Posts