Video Games and Gender Harassment

Ok, so I have been playing video games since PacMan was on Atari and I love them even today. In fact, video games are a passion that my daughter and I both share. She has become obsessed with video games. Her favorites are Minecraft and Pokemon..she will even watch Minecraft videos on Youtube to get inspiration. What I have never thought about is gender harassment in online gaming sites. I am sure that soon we will advance into the world of HALO 3 and League of Legends but for now we are happy to play our Wii games- My personal favorite is still Star Wars Lego.

After watching this video I realize that this is an important issue for everyone so I wanted to share it with you here.

About the video:

Excuse Me Princess - Gender in Video Game Culture: Stirling Little at TEDxUNC.


In case you didn't know TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event.

I hope you enjoy the video



Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,

KyanainSweden

Comments

Popular Posts